Weightlifting Ireland are seeking expressions of interest from its membership to undertake the Sport Ireland Safeguarding Tutor Training.
Sport Ireland will provide the training over one and a half days in December 2022 and/or January 2023. It will be a combination of online and in person workshops – which will include an assessment presentation.
Sport Ireland stipulates that tutors must provide at least two (2) courses each year, however, we request that you have the ability to deliver one course every two months (six  per year). Safeguarding courses (L1 & L2) are three hours long, usually delivered in the evening or at weekends.
Candidates should demonstrate as much of the following criteria as possible:
- Previous attendance to Sport Ireland Safeguarding Training (as an attendee/participant)
- Oral and written communication skills
- IT skills (presentations, excel, etc.)
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to deliver the required amount of training courses, both in person at various locations and online
- Experience of delivering/facilitating training to groups and/or a training qualification
Following the successful completion of the tutor training – qualified tutors will be reimbursed for each course they deliver on behalf of the association.
Expression of Interest Deadline: November, 13th @ 9pm
Please email: Claire McLarnon @ [[email protected]]
Please provide your full contact information, detailing how you meet the above criteria. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact Claire on the above email provided.