Weightlifting Ireland are seeking expressions of interest from its membership to undertake two Volunteer Roles within the Association.
- National Children’s Officer (NCO) & Designated Liaison Person (DLP)
- The NCO will be responsible for ensuring that Weightlifting Ireland and its clubs have a child centred focus. Working to promote the sport for children and in the development of child centred training.
- The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) will be responsible for Safeguarding and Garda Vetting. They will be a key contact for managing and reporting concerns about children and maintaining and changing procedures to safeguard children in the organisation, including supporting clubs and volunteers where relevant.
- Sports Inclusion Disability Officer (SIDO)
- The SIDO will be responsible for developing and implementing inclusive sports programmes and initiatives for people with disabilities within our clubs and in the local community.
- The SIDO will work in partnership with Sport Ireland, Cara Sport Inclusion Ireland, the Irish Wheelchair Association, Local Sports Partnerships, Clubs, community groups, facility providers, schools, disability service providers and people with disabilities.
For more information on the National Children’s Officer (NCO) & Designated Liaison Person (DLP) role, please click : HERE
For more information on the Sports Inclusion Disability Officer (SIDO) role, please click : HERE
Expression of Interest Deadline: March, 31st
Please email: [ [email protected] ]