Date: October 12, 2020 – October 18, 2020
Fit For All is a national initiative aimed at increasing awareness among people with disabilities, families/carers and disability services on the benefits of regular exercise, healthy lifestyles and opportunities to participate within the local community.
Fit For All also aims to increase awareness and build the capacity of leisure & fitness professionals in providing accessible programmes and facilities within their local community.
Why take part?
- Increase participation opportunities for people with disabilities at your facility.
- Increase your staff’s knowledge and awareness of inclusive fitness.
- Promote your facility on a local and national level for FREE.
- Form strong partnerships with your Local Sports Partnership, Sport Inclusion Disability Officer and Disability organisations.
- Receive an inclusive equipment pack worth €500 on completion of FitForAll week.
What you need to do:
- Open up your leisure centre for the week and focus on including people with disabilities into your facilities and activities.
- Partner with your Local Sports Partnership and Sport Inclusion Disability Officer in planning the activities for the week.
- Sign the Sport Inclusion Disability Charter https://caracentre.ie/sport-inclusion-disability-charter/
- Promote the day locally via press, social media and leisure centre website. (promotional materials provided).
What do you get by taking part?
- Certificate of participation to recognise your involvement in FitForAll 2020.
- On-going support and resources from Cara to support your inclusive practice.
- An inclusive fitness equipment pack worth €500.
- Access to Inclusive Fitness Training to upskill and support your staff
Register your club here: https://caracentre.ie/fit-for-all-registration/