FAO All Members
In accordance with the constitution of the association, (11.3)
Weightlifting Ireland is convening an Extraordinary General Meeting [EGM] to put forward updated
operational and constitutional procedures. This will be followed by the AGM of Weightlifting Ireland.
Date: 5th of March 2016
Venue Sport HQ – National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
EGM Time: 2.00pm – 3.30pm
AGM Time: 3.30pm – 6.00pm
Information to members regarding EGM
– The purpose of the EGM shall be do discuss and vote on the enactment of the updated
Constitution, inclusive of Sport Ireland and Solicitor Recommendations to ensure requirements
are met for 2016 funding and beyond
– Only voting members are entitled to attend the EGM & vote.
Information to members regarding AGM
– Agenda, 2015 Directors Reports, Auditors Report and Financial Statements will be circulated to
members in advance of this meeting
– Members & clubs will be given notice to submit any requests, additions or nominations. All
information should be submitted to the secretary, clearly indicating that it is a matter for the AGM.
– PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for nominations, motions and queries on the Directors Report &
Financial Statements is close of business on Monday 22nd February 2016.
– Only voting members are entitled to attend the AGM & vote.
Purpose of the EGM
In consultation with Sport Ireland, Phlip Lee Solicitors and in line with new matters in legislation
Companies Act 2014, the governance code for voluntary bodies, Sport Ireland Core
Grant allocation, the constitution of the association has been updated to reflect current best practices.
The EGM will be to both explain the nature of the changes made, as well as initiate the associated
operational plan for 2016 and beyond. This is the final consultation with members for this new
operational and governance structure prior to enactment. It is imperative that the association
continuously evaluate and move forward under best practice for sporting organisations.
Purpose of the AGM
– End of year reports and matters arising
– To elect the directors of the organisation
– Motions, proposals and further changes requested.
– Set the date of the following AGM