To register your club, you must have a committee with a minimum of 4 members. Club memberships runs annually from January 1st to December 31st each year.
Your club name must include the word "weightlifting" in the title. (Eg. CrossFit 123 Weightlifting Club)
There are two options for clubs signing up to Weightlifting Ireland in 2020, and both receive the same excellent benefits:
- Membership discount, meaning your members pay only €40 per person, down from €60
- Access to Garda Vetting services for your coaching and volunteer staff.
- Discount on selected IWF equipment and suppliers
- A Weightlifting Ireland map point and contact information to your gym on our website clubs page
- Opportunity to host Weightlifting Ireland events
Membership Options for 2020
Weightlifting Ireland has two sign up options, both giving you all the benefits above:
Option 1: Fully registered Club
This will be for all clubs who meet all the requirements for accreditation with Weightlifting Ireland.
Option 2: On the pathway
Don't worry if you don't meet all criteria right away, we're offering extra help and support, and allowing all clubs a full 6 months to become complaint, while still availing of the benefits provided.
The following will need to be uploaded with your application, we've templates for documents and further support available.
1. A Club Constitution:
2. Insurance Cover
3. Affiliation Payment (€50)
4. The names of their designated officers for the year
5. A licensed Level 1 Coach (Coaches working with U18 must be Garda Vetted through Weightlifting Ireland)
6. A First Aid Qualification
7. Child Protection Officer (U18 members in club)
For clubs who do not meet requirements 5 & 6, don't panic, you can still be accepted, and you'll be given until June 1st to have completed all required criteria for club accreditation.